Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book Review: Wish List (an anthology)

image

Title: Wish List
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Genre: Historical Romance Anthology
Publisher: Leisure Books
Publication date: September 2003
Source:  My own copy

I loved I Will by Lisa Kleypas,  the first book in this anthology.  Lord Andrew Drake has been disinherited from his dying father's will because of his dreadful behaviour.  He will still get the title and the lands, but not the money. And off course that will never do!

Respectable Caroline Hargreaves is a 26 year old spinster.  And the perfect person to save Andrew’s reputation by pretending a courtship which pretty soon seems all too real.

From the beginning, I loved Andrew even though he is described as a terrible drunk and thorough dreadful rake that is not above blackmailing Caro to save his inheritance. 

The sparks fly whenever they meet but the romance between Andrew and Caro will not be denied and flows slowly and sweetly throughout the book.  But off course the road to happiness is never easy and there is always someone that wants to mess it all up.

If you are looking for a quick and satisfyingly romantic read, this book is for you.    Ms Kleypas does not disappoint.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey I wouldn't mind checking this one out. I'm looking to expand my genre palate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Andrew Drake. I was so happy Lisa wrote his story.

    Have you read Because your Mine? Andrew first appeared in that book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.