Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blogger interview: Michelle from Clover Hill Book Reviews

314301012_240x240_Front

It is time again to meet one of the bloggers that share our blogosphere.  This week, we meet Michelle from Clover Hill Book Reviews.  Welcome Michelle!!

Please tell us a little about your blog.
Clover Hill Book Reviews is an eclectic book blog, with many different genres being reviewed and a regular opening for all authors to both guest post and take part in interviews and giveaways. I cover young adult, paranormal/PNR, crime, thrillers, mystery, coming of age, sci-fi and childrens books....in fact the only things I won't review are westerns, horrors and a few other exceptions.

How did it all start?   And how long has it been?
I've always been a bookworm, and in the past have often got half way through a book just to realise that I've already read it.  My blog serves as a place for me to record what books I've read, and to share my passion for reading. I set up the blog at the end of October 2010, so I'm still a book blogger newbie in many respects.

How much time and energy do you put into your blog?
I try to post something new every day, this may change in the future as it's a very big task I set myself.  I'm now trying to schedule more posts so I can get ahead of myself which seems to be working well.  I'm also catching up on posting my reviews on LibraryThing, Amazon UK, Goodreads and Shelfari. I put a lot of energy into it as it's something I enjoy doing.

What is the best and the worse part of blogging for you?
The worse - the blogosphere is a big void sometimes, especially when you're first starting out.  The hardest thing can be to get feedback and comments left on your reviews and entrants into giveaways.  Getting interaction and interest can be slow.
The best - being part of a fantastic community of readers.  My life has changed direction because of it - I'm now a freelance editor & proof reader - doing a job I love that I can't wait to start everyday, which is a first for me. I'm over the moon because of it.

Do you enjoy doing memes and if so, which ones can be found on your blog?
Memes are something which I take part in regularly.  You can find In My Mailbox (The Story Siren), Book Blogger Hop (Crazy for Books) and Waiting on Wednesday (Breaking the Spine) weekly on my blog.

How would you describe your review style and how do you handle reviews when you didn't enjoy the book?
I feedback on how the book made me feel, what my favourite part, character and quote was.  I try not to give too much away, as I don't want to take the plot away from readers who haven't read the book.  If there's a book I couldn't get on with, I'm balanced  and I'm honest.  I don't feel the need to rant about how crud a book is, when we all have different views on what makes a good book.  What I find fantastic, another reader may not wish to read.  So I try to be fair and balanced.  I read things that I want to read.  I give the good points as well as the not so good ones if there are any.

What can we expect from you in the future?
More giveaways, more author interviews and more guest posts.  I'm really looking forward to this year!  Some of my favourite authors from last year are popping in :)  Shaun & Harry, our young reviewers, are busy reviewing, so there will be a regular childrens book review spot starting soon.

What advise would you give new book bloggers out there?
Enjoy it.  If you take review requests, then make sure you're specific about what you will and won't read, and the format you accept.  If you accept eBook submissions, prepare to be snowballed, especially if you take non published and indie work....only take as many books on as you can handle...above all, keep it fun, you have to enjoy reading still :)
Get active in the book blogging community - we don't bite :)

Thank you for taking time to talk to us today, Michelle.  It has been fun!!

If you would like to be part of the blogger interviews, just leave a comment and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for saying hello.