Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Is it winter yet?

The second storm of the season has arrived. It is cold and it's raining outside. Spud and I are cuddled in bed with my stitching and my laptop (I love technology!) and life is great. Just wish we didn't have to get up in the morning!

I am at the point where I just couldn't wait any longer - I have been stitching half cross stitches all weekend and yesterday (all just part of the background). I just had to get to some cross stitches!! So I did a few (just a little bit, maybe 20 stitches) just to feel like I am actually doing something. The colours are so light, you can't really make it out yet, so I am including the pattern again (don't worry it's a photocopy I am marking on), to just give you an idea. The cross stitches are the little wiggly part at the bottom (hie-hie). I have now been jumping all over the page, just keeping to the colour I am using but I think I will start tomorrow with a part where I go square by square - what do you think?


Funny quote: The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

4 comments:

  1. Chrizette, your Spud looks very comfortable there! Do you always grid? How long did it take to grid the fabric for this piece? I thought your WIP looked like Kipper, but it has been so long since Kipper has been on TV in our home, I wasn't sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline, this is my first big project so I have never felt that I had to grid. I have seen some blogs where grids were used and I could imagine that it would help a lot - and it has for me :) I took me the whole of Friday that I was on sick leave from work but I did take breaks to read some blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just popped over from Dragon my Needle to peek at your blog. Your Spud is adorable. I have a Spud too, but she is a cat. A big, fat round cat. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.