Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What will 2011 have in store . . . ?

I have just read THE STORY SIREN’s Reading and Blogging New Year Resolutions and decided that I would document my own as well.  For the last month (since I haven’t been able to really read for long stretches of time and had too much “thinking time”) I have been thinking about my blog.  I feel that I will need to make a change.  I am not happy with my blogging self or the way my blog looks.  Here is a few of the things I have in mind.

1.  Change my blog’s look.  And by this I mean the layout and the template.  I have been trying to learn a little HTML but if I can’t get it right in the first few months of the year, I am going to have to get someone to design it for me.  I am not happy with it at the moment and it is driving me nuts.  I have had a temporary Christmassy design but now I will find something else temporary . . . 

2.  Blog regularly.  For the last month or so, I have only been blogging on weekends and then only mostly my normal meme-type posts.  Okay, I had a reason but still.  I have to start planning, maybe get some pre-scheduled posts up . . . just do more.  I am not happy with myself.

3.  Comment more.  I spend a lot of time online, reading blogs but I do not comment much.  I have to start spreading the love more.   I love my favourite blogs but I am sure those bloggers don’t even know me as I am just lurking about . . .

4.  Chat more on Twitter (this one I have taken from the Story Siren).  It seems we all have this problem – even the experienced and famous bloggers among us!  I always feel awkward just jumping into a conversation but maybe I should just close my eyes and join in.  You can always just ignore me if they don’t want me to join, right?

5.   Review immediately.  I still have two books I read earlier in the year that I have not reviewed.  I don’t why. . . as I have really strong feelings about both – one good and one bad.  My resolution is that I will try to write my review immediately after I read the book from now on!  I will, I will!

6.  Read regularly.   My goal this year was to read 100 books in 2010 and I would have made it.  I am up to 92 today.  Unfortunately with my eye operation (cannot focus to read yet) and my reading slump, I did not make it.  Next year I will try for 100 again : ) I have been making a reading list . . . I just LOVE making lists!

So this is my resolutions for 2011 – what is yours?

7 comments:

  1. Great goals! All of them are true for me too! Best of luck with the goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals and am so with you on the review the books immediately. I have a backlog of reviews that definitely need my attention, so I really want to get through that! P.S. I think you've got a great, chatty presence on twitter :) Keep it up. I enjoy your tweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals! I'm hoping to blog and read more often in the next year too.

    P.S. I really like the layout of your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all your book blog resolution run well.

    I also want to change my blog lay out. But I have not found any good template

    Have a great new year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic goals.

    I want to scale back on social networking, which I started cutting down on two months ago. I need more time for reading and writing.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! And by the way, your blog is beautiful! That was the first thing I thought when I saw it (since this is my first time visiting).

    And good luck with your eyes, I hope they heal fully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals Chriz!

    Have you already changed the blog's look? It's so pretty and feels new.

    I know what you mean about Twitter. I always feel weird about barging my way into conversations.

    Happy New Year!

    :)
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.