I have just read THE STORY SIREN’s Reading and Blogging New Year Resolutions and decided that I would document my own as well. For the last month (since I haven’t been able to really read for long stretches of time and had too much “thinking time”) I have been thinking about my blog. I feel that I will need to make a change. I am not happy with my blogging self or the way my blog looks. Here is a few of the things I have in mind.
1. Change my blog’s look. And by this I mean the layout and the template. I have been trying to learn a little HTML but if I can’t get it right in the first few months of the year, I am going to have to get someone to design it for me. I am not happy with it at the moment and it is driving me nuts. I have had a temporary Christmassy design but now I will find something else temporary . . .
2. Blog regularly. For the last month or so, I have only been blogging on weekends and then only mostly my normal meme-type posts. Okay, I had a reason but still. I have to start planning, maybe get some pre-scheduled posts up . . . just do more. I am not happy with myself.
3. Comment more. I spend a lot of time online, reading blogs but I do not comment much. I have to start spreading the love more. I love my favourite blogs but I am sure those bloggers don’t even know me as I am just lurking about . . .
4. Chat more on Twitter (this one I have taken from the Story Siren). It seems we all have this problem – even the experienced and famous bloggers among us! I always feel awkward just jumping into a conversation but maybe I should just close my eyes and join in. You can always just ignore me if they don’t want me to join, right?
5. Review immediately. I still have two books I read earlier in the year that I have not reviewed. I don’t why. . . as I have really strong feelings about both – one good and one bad. My resolution is that I will try to write my review immediately after I read the book from now on! I will, I will!
6. Read regularly. My goal this year was to read 100 books in 2010 and I would have made it. I am up to 92 today. Unfortunately with my eye operation (cannot focus to read yet) and my reading slump, I did not make it. Next year I will try for 100 again : ) I have been making a reading list . . . I just LOVE making lists!
So this is my resolutions for 2011 – what is yours?