Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Mercy Series


I finished the first of the Mercy-books, Moon Called.  It was light, easy reading - full of strange magic, the kind that I have not come across yet.  (but then I have only read the very commecial, romantic novels).  Here, werewolves, gremlins, vampires, fae and Mercy, herself a walker, filled the pages but not in the usual kind of dreamy fiction way.  The author made this world seem normal although these werewolves have issues - they are not the werewolves of romantic novels.  They can be downright dangerous!  Even friends can be growled down to submission before the alpha males.  I guess I am still in my romantic story-fog because I just longed for a little intimicy for Mercy. And I couldn't decide up to the last two pages who the lucky devil should be . . . but the right choice was made and I can't wait for that relationship to grow in the next books.

Before I go, I just have to share this little snippet I found in the review that made me search out the book.  It is a note written by Adam, the next door neighbour of Mercy - he is the local alpha werewolf :)  This note is taped to the cat carrier on Mercy porch.

MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY
PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for saying hello.