Monday, June 27, 2011

I want to be the girl burning the pretty candles . . .

I just read an awesome post on one of my favourite blogs Books Devoured and it hit me, I am turning into that girl Shannon mentioned – the one one that don’t want to use the expensive china or burn the pretty candles  :) When did that happen?  Why am I saving the popular books and not reading them as soon as I get them?

image

 

Kiss of Snow was one of my most anticipated reads of 2011 and I was gushing about it since I knew Hawke and Sienna would at last get their story.  So why did I not immediately read it when I got my hands on it?  It was waiting around for me for nearly two weeks before I dove in.

 

And so it has gone with quite a few of the new releases.  I click around the blogosphere, reading reviews from bloggers lucky enough to have received ARC’s and just wish the time would pass to release date.  When the publication date finally arrives and I have the book in my possession, it gets added to my TBR pile and the race is on for the next book.  Maybe I am just afraid that the book will not live up to all the hype.  (I hate it when that happens.)  But if I don’t read it, I will never know, will I?  I wish I could just always remember that there are no rules that I SHOULD love all the books my fellow bloggers love.  How boring would that be!

image

 

I read Raziel (The Fallen) a week or so ago (after saving it too) and absolutely loved it.  Now I have also gotten book two, Demon (The Fallen) in the series which I am dying to read.  Had it for almost a week and still have not read it.  Maybe this could be my book to change my ways . . . :)

Anyone else have this problem?

2 comments:

  1. Embarrassed to admit that I've done that more than once. Have anxiously awaited a certain book, did a happy dance when it finally arrived, then never read it. Not sure why, but maybe I'm subconsciously afraid it won't live up to my high expectations. Or maybe once I have it in my possession, I'm distracted by the newer, bright shiny book down the road! *L*

    Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very rarely buy books because I am afraid that I won't like it, so I wait for it to come in the library. I always forget the release date and log in a few days late and then of course I wind up 145 on the waiting list. I have seen Raziel before and it looks really good. I will have to find it and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.