Thursday, September 24, 2009

Heritage day

Today is national heritage day here in South Africa.  We have such a huge variety of nationalities and cultures but the one thing all South Africans have in commen, is a love to "braai" (barbeque I guess would say it best in English but the term means so much more).  So today has also become NATIONAL BRAAI DAY.
Today is pretty dreary - it is overcast and it has been looking like rain will fall since this morning but I am sure most South Africans are standing in front of a fire, waiting to burn some meat right now :)    Hubby is a pretty loyal braaier but I haven't said anything about it . . . so it looks like we are going to give it a miss . .


I have been stitching some on my HAED project and here is a progress picture . . . I am really having a lot of fun on this one.

1 comment:

Thank you for saying hello.