Saturday, May 9, 2009

Barnyard Teatre - Tribute to Elvis




We went to see a tribute to Elvis on Friday night. We enjoy going to the Barnyard teatre and see almost every show they put on (every two months or so). I don't know if this concept is also used outside of South Africa but it is LOTS of fun. Groups of people sit at big wooden chunky tables (10 seats) and bring picnic food. This time we sat on the balcony and there we sat at a kind of little bar counter. It is very informal and people are encourage to make lots of noise as applause (stamping of feet, and hitting on the tables).

I am not a big Elvis fan but hu
bby wanted to go, so we thought we would make a night of it. We invited his sister and her family. Friday morning, DH informed me that he actually would prefer finger food and not take aways (my idea as it would have been sooooo much easier). Eight o' clock Friday morning I started phoning around and begging to be put on the platters lists. No luck. At last, I phoned a little catering place that we use at work and begged and pleaded "I'll take anything, just give me some of the left overs pleeeeaaase!". At last success and here is a photo of the platter.

It was beautiful and tasted wonderful! Definately worth the huge price tag! We ate and ate - in the end we had to raise the white flag, and just left the rest for the cleaning crew. :)

The next show will be THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW and I am definately a fan of that! Can't wait for June!

Funny quote: Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ~ Just wanted to let you know that my daughter, son-in-law and three kids live in Cape Town also. I came to visit last Sept. and Oct. and stayed for 16 days. Although it was cold and rainy a lot I enjoyed myself so much. The landscape is so lush and gorgeous I miss it along with my daughter and husband and kids.
    She is not a stitcher, oh, how I tried, but I love her anyway. She is a reader and is as happy doing that as I am stitching.
    Your first piece is very beautiful and you should be proud.
    I like your paintings and your dog is darling. I am a cat person myself but I know a fine looking dog when I see one. My sister has four dogs so I have been around them and growing up we always had a dog.
    Your catered spread was awesome and amazing. South African food is so good and so different from American food.
    I live in Waco, Texas and I am a member of Friendly Stitches, Oak Haven, Stitchers Haven, Monopoly, and Chatelaine.
    I don't have a blog yet because I don't know how to set one up, lame excuse I know, but I don't know what to do. I have one picked out on Blogspot but I have not even posted anything yet.
    My email address is reddrooster@gmail.com if you want to reply I'd love to hear from another person so far away. When I saw South Africa I was hoping it was Cape Town.
    Take care and God Bless !
    Lenna Vaughan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.