Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Angel and the slow stitcher


Two more old movies later and the first stitches are in. Yeah, last night it was "From Dusk till Dawn" and "Aliens". I am so excited, proud, pumped . . . I just can't explain it. This is definitely a good hobby to have. :) Even without finishing anything, I have a real feeling of accomplishment.

Unfortunately my few stitches (I have discovered that I am a slow stitcher) doesn't show up nicely on a photo, so I am including the pattern in the picture so that you can see by the pink highlighter how far I came. In defense of the few stitches, I have to admit that I had two false starts and had to do a bit of "frogging".

Quote: "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

3 comments:

  1. I've never been able to stitch by gridding. I would still be afraid I was off somewhere! Good luck to you. Hope you can get through the background fast and get to the *good* parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, that I am finding the grid helps a lot as I dont have to constently count where I am. I am still in the background but I am thinking of just leaving it for a bit now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very distracted so griding is perfect for me, I can work faster (though I am a slow stitcher too).

    The pattern is beautiful. Just enjoy your stitches, is not a speed contest :o)

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.