Saturday, October 22, 2011

Movie Review: Insidious (2011)

image

Title: Insidious
Starring: Patrick Wilson,  Rose Byrne and Ty Simpkins
Release date: 2011

I love watching horror movies but I also scare easily :)  So you can imagine the scene when I am home alone and want to watch a scary movie on my own – I was cleaning the kitchen in the beginning of this one.  I kept one eye on the scene and hit behind the refrigerator now and again. 

image

The build-up is handled very well in Insidious – it is like the old scary movies of my childhood.  No blood and guts but just creepy music that accents the unusual events.  It starts when teacher John and his composer wife, Renai, moves into a new home with their family.  First it is only a few books that fall out of a bookcase and a box of music that is misplaced during the move – easily explained away.  (Truth be told – I would have run from the house that first night already!)  But then bigger events starts creeping in.  The gas stove’s flame flickers into life on it’s own, a fire spontaneously ignites in a old black stove in the cellar and then their son, Dalton, falls into a deep sleep after a slight fall.  There is no medical reason for this coma and John’s mother asks the help of her psychic friend. This is when the real scary stuff begins.

I enjoy being scared by horror movies and this one is well worth the two hours.  And off course there is a twist in the tail as any good horror story should have!

Now watch this trailer and tell me it didn’t give you goosebumps!

allthedaysof4

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this looks good. I love movies that can creep you out without using gore. Can't watch this kind of thing alone, but my boyfriend loves horror so he can provide emotional support, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.