Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays #1

image

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

image

The Wolf (Sons of Destiny) by Jean Johnson

Teaser:
She wanted to run screaming from the room.  Especially since the baron in question (not Wolfer-lol) had the hygiene habits that made a volsnap’s (a kind of magic fish) dinner look good and had the temperament of her uncle’s when it came to how he treated other people.  Not to mention that the baron was past sixty years in age . . . and that she was never going to be in love with him or any other man her uncle sought to force her to wed.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of this meme. I might have to do this someday. I like your teaser. I think I said "Ooo" in my mind every time I read the word baron. I don't know why that word is so intriguing...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sons of destiny is one of my favorite series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.