Sunday, June 14, 2009

My little boy . . .


He is exhausted of doing nothing . . . :) Isn't he just the cutest - who can ever be mad at him? He has totally wrapped me around his cute little toe . . .

Abi (from Friendly Stitchers) has also been such a sweetie. She saw that I was having trouble with all the different kinds of linen and eavenweave and stuff (can you tell I am new to this?). Everything just looked the same to me when I was browsing the internet trying to find something I could use the other day. So she decided to sent me some "off cuts" from the different kinds of materials and even marked them for me (isn't she just too nice!). This afternoon I decided to give it a try - first time ever that I tried something besides AIDA. Wow, what a difference! I can now see what the big deal is. I have only done this so far . . .

. . . but I am totally converted. It is so much fun to work on (okay, I will admit it . . . it became fun when I figured out how to handle the "over two threats" idea). When I get more experienced, I will definitely start working on this. At the moment I am finding the AIDA much, much easier but I LOVE the "neatness" of this material.
Tomorrow is a "in-between" day at work. Tuesday will be a public holiday, so tomorrow we will only be "skeleton staff" (only a few) at work - we will still be working but I will actually be able to take a lunch break I think. (that usually doesn't happen - when I get a chance to look at my watch, it is usually two or three o'clock already). I am taking this little piece with me tomorrow and will try to put a few more stitches in.


Funny quote: Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

2 comments:

  1. Your little boy is so sweet looking. but then aren't they all when they are a sleep. :)
    Stitching on linen takes some practice. I too am a recent convert to linen and am loving it. Good luck with your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stitching on linen. It's soft and just gives your piece a better look. I hate stitching on aida now. It's stiff and makes it hard to hold in my hand. I like to hold the fabric in my hand when I stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.