Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED)

Wow, I have been browsing the HAED website tonight and what amazing designs they have! This is definitely my kind of stitching. It is lots and lots of maidens, fairies, angels and other kinds of "make-believe" although some of the realistic ones are stunning too. Okay, I admit it, it is all beautiful but it is a little pricey for me, especially since it is just the charts. But still, maybe I should treat myself, someday . . .
I have applied to join the bulletin board as I am sure I will be able to "ooh and aaahhh" about some of the WIP or finishes that will be posted.

I downloaded one of their free charts (see in the border in my 2009 plans) - it's a beautiful maiden. But goodness, there is 90+ colours! I think this is the kind of project that will have to be done in stages . . . and with lots of patience.

EDIT: I have removed "the maiden" from my border. I am suddenly not so keen on working on her. I am going to put it at the back of my mind. Maybe I will get back to it somewhere in the future . . .

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no Branlaadee - maybe you should contact HAED. They will replace the chart I am sure especially since it was removed from their catalogue. They must know something was wrong with it.

    I will check out Tammy's site :) Thank you for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the reason they released the 2nd version. I just didnt feel like starting all over again. Too much work. Their designs take forever and a day as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, you are making me wonder if I should start "the maiden" then? It is a big investment is perhaps it will only be a blurry result . . . :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.