Sunday, December 30, 2012

No more reading goals … for 2013 at least

It is Sunday morning and I am browsing through my favourite book club SOUTH AFRICAN BOOK LOVERS on Goodreads and wow, have they read some books!  I made my 2012 list and I have only read 13 books in 2012.  The last book in October.  Terrible I know!  (Here is a link to my list.) 

I used to be a humungous reader, devouring everything in sight … what happened to me?

So for 2013, no pressure.  If I read 10 books or if I read 100 – good for me!  The only requirement is going to be that I review every book I read.  I used to love writing reviews but have gotten a bit of writer's block recently.  That is going to change, if it is only 10 sentences, it is going to be good enough.  

I think I have just gotten a bit lost with how I think things should be.  I am not a huge writer and will never write a review that will make people want to recommend me for a prize.  I am a book blogger and that is it.  My reviews come from how a book makes me feel.  And that is okay.  I am giving myself permission to just be myself.  No more comparing my reviews to others out there.  Maybe there is one person out there that finds a sentence that they can relate to and that will be awesome.  2013 is going to be a good year, I know it!

2013 here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I love that book club on Goodreads, everyone is so welcoming no matter where in the world you live. I'm going to have to be way more active in the group in 2013 seeing as how like you said they always have great BOTM selections.

    I get what you mean about the writers block. I got sick in May and could barely muster up the energy to eat let alone write so I barely wrote reviews and am just now finally getting completely back on track. Sometimes it's a good idea to take a break from blogging and just live a little :)
    I hope 2013 is full of wonderful reads for you!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.