Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Spotlight: Junked by Boyd Brent

Wish_List_2

I’m Penny. I’m 17-years-old. And for the first time in my life I’ve met a guy who gets me. I mean really gets me. Sees through me like I’m a pane of cracked glass. And believe me, from the outside looking in, my pane is head-on-collision cracked. His name is Red. I’ve only just found him. And already some preternatural bitch wants him dead. No. She’s not a vampire. My life is nothing if not original. Come closer, I’m not safe anywhere and I need to whisper … apart from the book’s opening pages, this is the only time I get to speak to you directly … and I’m terrified that the vibe I’m giving off is too sane … you see, that preternatural bitch I just mentioned has creatures everywhere … listening. If they discover I haven’t fallen out of a crazy tree and hit every branch on the way down, they’re going to whisper junk into my head and change me forever. If that happens, who’s going to watch Red’s back? Look, wherever you are right now on this totally junked planet … find a way to enter my world and watch my back … who knows, if you close your eyes tight and SCREAM at your Kindle I might hear you … then open one eye … peer around … the way people are looking at you? … that’s how they look at me all the time

Junked

No one over the age of 13 is safe. Everyone is junked eventually: made neurotic, insecure or fanatical. Mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends. And they're the lucky ones: those who resist are terminated in seemingly random accidents and killings.
Thomas Sheepsbane and Edward Wolf are teenage psychopaths. It's their job to orchestrate these 'accidents'. When they deviate from their list of sanctioned methods with 17-year-old Red Phoenix, they trigger something so macabre that the world believes it's witnessing a genuine miracle.
Red is convinced he's losing his mind ... until he gets to know Penny Lane. Penny may be the town freak but she's the only one who seems to have an inkling into the horrifying 'event' that keeps on happening to him. Red and Penny go on the run from the police, the media and supernatural forces that want them both dead. And the future of humanity's sanity depends upon them surviving long enough to unravel the mystery of Penny's grandmother Erin Bow. Erin was abducted from Stonehenge in 1969 ... leaving only her tambourine behind ... through which, Penny alone is able to see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for saying hello.