Saturday, August 21, 2010

Book review: The Sword by Jean Johnson



Title: The Sword
Author: Jean Johnson
Series: Sons of Destiny#1
Edition: eBook
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: first published in 2007

Goodreads blurb:
Eight brothers, born in four sets of twins, two years apart to the day-they fulfill the Curse of Eight Prophecy. To avoid tempting their destiny, the brothers are exiled to Nightfall Island, a land where women are strictly forbidden. But, when the youngest of the mage-brothers rescues a woman from another universe, their world is altered forever.

Kelly Doyle had wanted to get away from the world. Threatened, attacked, and accused of witchcraft, Kelly had enough of her narrow-minded small town. And now she has somehow landed in another, magical dimension - the only woman in a realm inhabited by eight men who are desperately in need of a woman's touch.

My thoughts:
The first part of this book had me confused . . .could not quite get my head around the different brothers' names and descriptions (there's eight, you know!)  But soon the "human" sides of the brothers emerged and I got my footing.  It is a necessary part when you start a new series, so keep reading.  When Kelly was biting our hero in the first few pages, trying to save herself from some kind of terrible attach she thought he had planned, it just made me want to read more.  And when the romantic tension started, I started grinning.  We got our HEA (happily ever after) off course but the book also ended with the beginning of the book for the second brother, WOLF.  It is already ready to be loaded on my kindle - can't wait.


The Sword was a fun and easy to read romance set in a alternative universe and combines magic, time travel and lots of humor. I am sure this is going to be one of my favorite series'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for saying hello.