Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Book 1 of The Host Series

The Host The Host by Stephenie Meyer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is only the second book to make me cry (the first being My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult).  I knew I loved Stephenie Meyer after the Twilight Saga but after this book, I am hooked!
When I read the overview of The Host, I was in two minds if I should try it as the sci-fi concept sounded so strange that I couldn't believe that I would be able to sit through it.  Now I am SO glad I did as this will be one of my all time favourite books.  The love story was so sensitive and sweet and the world they lived in, so unbelievable . . . what a combination.  Wanda (the female character)was so believable that I was rooting for her from the beginning.  READ THIS BOOK, you will not be dissapointed!

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. I cried like a baby, put the book down, watched funny shows, felt better, picked the book back up and started crying again! One of my favorites for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried it wouldn't live up to her vampires series-I believe that it surpassed her vampires! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for saying hello.